Why should you service your Solar Panel System?
Please note we only service our own Solar Thermal installations.
A Solar Panel Service is crucial, if the system is to operate correctly.
- Over time, the antifreeze breaks down and may freeze during a harsh winter. When the antifreeze is broken down, it turns to the consistency of syrup and becomes difficult to pump.
- Temperature sensors can become faulty and can give false readings if they are heated beyond their limits.
- Sensors can sometimes be pulled out of the correct location in the cylinder by a falling towel if they are not secured properly.
- Software may need to be updated on the controller if it’s outdated.
- Non return valves may become clogged with dirt if the antifreeze is not changed regularly. This can lead to heat loss at night time.
A full solar service from AEI includes:
- Power flushing of the solar circuit to remove sludge and debris
- Change of antifreeze fluid to new antifreeze
- Examination of internal pipe and electrical connections in the solar system
- Examination of electrical connections in the solar controller
- Confirm the correct operation of all controls
- Setting the correct pressure inside the expansion vessel
- Calibrate the pump flow rate to suit the solar panels on site
- Setting the correct antifreeze pressure in the system
- Confirm the correct settings are set on the controller
- Check the valves in the system are rotating correctly
- A commissioning certificate can be issued for your records after payment is received
Please note the following is not included in a service:
- Roof access
- Repairing a leak
- Parts, other than the required antifreeze
- Anything outside of the above items that we do cover, are chargeable
- Generally an estimate for a repair cannot be given in advance of the visit as we need to see the issue