Do I need a BER cert?

If you’re building a new house, you need a “Part L compliance cert” raised before you commence any works. This has been the case since 2008. Some people try avoid it, though you need this cert included with your commencement notice to the relevant local authority. This is sent in 2 weeks before you commence.

While we dont carry out BER certs ourselves, we will happy put you in touch with a reputible assessor if you need help finding one.

Remember there are great benefits to be had with the Part L Compliance Cert. You will be able to project the annual heating bills, we will be able to size the Heat Pump with 100% accuracy and you will know if your house is compliant before you commence building. Without this document, anyone sizing/pricing your Heat Pump is guessing at the size required and what the running costs will be.