Important Information Regarding Cookies and AEI

By using this website, you consent to the use of cookies in accordance with the AEI Cookie Policy. For more information on cookies see our Privacy Policy.

Home > New Builds > Information > Part L and BER certs

Part L and BER certs

Do I need a BER cert?BER cert scale

If you're building a new house, you need a "Part L compliance cert" raised before you commence any works. This has been the case since 2008. Some people try avoid it, though you need this cert included with your commencement notice to the relevant local authority. This is sent in 2 weeks before you start digging foundations. 

The Part L compliance cert is raised by your BER assessor. We would love to be your BER assessor if you are building a new home.

For us to do this, send us in your house plans and we will raise the Part L compliance cert. Once this is done, we will then be able to advise you on what is the most suitable renewable energy technology to install. Every new home built these days MUST install a minimum amount of renewable energy. You can't avoid this. In fact, you should embrace it. Embracing it will give you a warm comfortable home, that costs very little to heat.

  • We can offer you a basic renewable energy pack, which uses the minimum amount of renewable energy to get you across the Part L line.
  • We can also offer you an enhanced pack, with more renewable energy, which will help reduce your energy bills in the house.
  • Or, we can provide you with a house that is almost completely powered by renewable energy sources. You might be surprised at how quickly this pays for itself in fuel savings.

So, in order to commence this process, the first thing is, you need to have a Part L compliance cert raised. Send us your plans by email and we will take it from there.


 Contact Us » 

Contact Form

* Required